Thursday, April 30, 2015

[First Impression + Swatch] Hello Kitty 40th Anniversary Pop-Up Party Palette

Hi, and this is my second and my last post in April. We will welcome May in hours! Yay!

So, today I wanna give my first impression (I don't like to call it as review since it doesn't contain some points to write here) plus swatches of my latest palette.



I'm not into eye shadow, indeed. I love wearing eyeliner much and my eyeliner line is somewhat higher than some girls do because of my "monolid" eyes. I don't like to wear eye tape so the "space" for eye shadow in my lid is limited LOL. So, I don't wear much eyeshadow. Moreover, I'm bad of wearing eye shadow. DUH!

I have some palettes before, like Stila, Coco Magic and Visee. They're all good but I think I need a "versatile" colorful eye shadow. It doesn't have to be in nude colors or bright colors but it should be wearable in any occasion.

I stumbled on Sephora site in October 2014, and I found this palette and this palette is LIMITED EDITION one. Dafuq?! It makes me feel like -I should get it, no matter what- and I contacted Dreamie Chuppa to grab me one. Lucky me, I got cheaper price because it is on Black Friday Deals. It is supposed to be in USD52 but I got it for Rp. 450.000 (USD34), including all extra fees like shipping and tax. SO YA, I got mine. I got it.. with little tears..

Let's see how it looks!

Front

Back

Upper Lid

Back of the box

Ingredients list

This palette contains 20 colorful eye shadows and each color is in a gram. This palette is released to celebrate 40th anniversary of Hello Kitty and I am obsessed of Hello Kitty.. A LOT! Please don't ask why I purchased it >_<

The palette itself is covered by shiny silver and white with diamond pattern on it. Hello Kitty may refer as a girly-yet-cute cat icon from Japan but in my opinion, the packaging doesn't have any pinky or any girly stuff in this box. It's cute and playful with a glam touch!

The contradictory is less compact. I think the packaging is kinda loss, so you need to be aware to store it. Moreover, it's hard to open the palette by pulling red ribbon. It's truly hard to pull and you need more time before using this palette.

But if you noticed how dirty the box is, I'll tell you where the stains come from.


Tadaa.. Here's my palette *crying*. This is what I talked about "with little tears". I was screaming and crying a little, literally, when I saw this palette on Dreamie's hand. Oh, this is better look. She pressed the cracked shadow. I saw the worse look before it was sent to me:

Pic from Dreamie Chuppa 

The "anniversary" color is cracked till it hits the pan and stains other colors T___T. It is pretty navy blue color with blue sparkle and it must be soooo glam. It's so cruel!!!! Dreamie told me that the packaging she got was awful because it was wrapped with little bubble wrap. She said it might get thrown hard before *crying*. Sucks!

Don't get me wrong. I don't blame Dreamie at all because it's out of her control. I do understand because it should pass international shipping and cosmetics are cracked because of shipping happens for many times.

Now, move to swatches! I'm trying to swatch it to the real colors, so it shouldn't give any "stain" from Anniversary color.

Happy - Playdate - Dear Daniel

Milk - Celebrate - Supercute - Friendship

Kitty-Chan, Apple Pie, Bow, 1974, Kawaii

The Original, Hot Cocoa, Bright, Three Apples

Anniversary, Cookie, Mimmy, Chocolate Chip

The colors are so pretty but I can't give you any review of this palette because they're stained. I read temptalia's review and I'm pretty shocked that Playdate must be in matte finish and no sparkle. I think the sparkle is from the cracked "anniversary".

Her review really helps! I can't even.

It's kinda easy to be faded and powdery but I love how the colors pop up. It truly pops! The colors I love are Dear Daniel, Hot Cocoa, Super Cute and Kitty Chan.

The lucky thing is I got cheaper because it was in Black Friday Deals and got some discount because it's cracked color. This palette doesn't rip me off, I guess. The packaging may look pretty and the colors are tempting but the quality itself is kinda average beside its pigmentation.

What do you think of my new palette? Does it worth to have for you? Tell me what's on your mind! ;D


2 comments: