Saturday, December 12, 2015

[Review] Colourpop Lippie Stix x Super Shock Cheek


I don’t know how many products I have to review in this blog because of my laziness. Ugh. I have too many things to keep this blog up but my mood doesn’t want to. EWH. This post had been in my draft for 2 months HAHAHAH so long.

I know  I’m too slow when it comes to “trend” because I’m not the one who like to buy anything hype with no to little good review *sorry*. I don’t wanna spend my money to buy something I don’t use them well.

SO, I knew it before how popular this brand is. The affordable products with bunch of colors. Vibrant and pigmented. It is worth to hype, girls said. AND I COULDN’T AGREE MORE!

My first Colourpop product is Lumiere Lippie Stix and it makes me wanna purchase mooooore lippie stix. The blushes are also unique so I’d like to purchase them and play with some “different colors” I’d never used before.  So let’s check this posts to know how I feel about these babies.


I purchased 8 lippie stix. I fall in love to their colors, especially coral and dusty colors. They are just unique and it doesn’t nude (even if it looks nude, i could say it’s the best nude colors I would buy!) Believe me, I don’t feel I have enough lippie stix. Good job, Colourpop. You really know how to grab my heart with your collections. Here, I don’t put any color description because it is described on the official site. Those are the colors I got:
♥♥♥ Packaging (4/5): 
It is packaged by tall and slim white plastic with flashing “colourpop” fonts on the plastic. When you open the cap, you can see it has different plastic colors and it depends on the shade you have. The amount is average but the things I don’t like is when I try to glide it, it could stain the cap. Irritating though.

♥♥♥ Texture:
- Matte Finish (5/5):
The texture in matte finish is superb. It’s matte but it doesn’t dry my lips at all. It smoothly glides on my lips and the finish look is matte. Just matte. Love!

- Satin Finish (5/5):
This finish is also nice. I love how it looks in satin finish. It helps to make my lip looks smoother and it surely glide on my lips well.

- Hyper Gloss Finish (3/5):
Yes, it’s so glossy. Really glossy. It gloss all over my lips. If you are into glossy one, take this. It is worth to buy ! But whenever I apply Corset (the shade I bought in hyper gloss finish), it’s like melting on my lips. Nay, I think it is my own preference but gloss finish is the one I like the least.

♥♥♥ Longevity (4/5):
You can wear them all in 6-8 hours if you don’t eat much oily food. They leave pretty stains on lips when you eat a lot. It isn’t cracky at all and it’s not really gone so you don’t have to touch it up in thick layer! But it’s transferable even when it dries completely. So, be careful, ladies.

♥♥♥ Moisture Power (5/5):
It helps to moisture my lips, especially the satin finish. It leaves smoother texture on my lip and I don’t feel it’s drying. What to expect? They are $5 lipsticks but they are worth more than it should be!

♥♥♥ Colors:
1. Toucan [bright pinky red coral – matte finish] (5/5):


There are 3 colors I use the most and Toucan is one of them. I’m not into pink tone and nude lipstick because it would look so dull in me. Even the bright pink. I think I’m more into bluish or reddish colors. This one matches me perfectly. It’s hard to find here because it’s not really popular amongst Lumiere, LBB or Tootsie. Moreover, this one is up in Summer 2015. So, I got it by pre-order system.

2. Topanga [mid tone dusty coral – satin finish] (5/5):


Let’s say this color is also my favorite but it’s not the product I used the most. This dusty color looks like “natural” in me. It’s not nude but it complements my look perfectly. It is launched in Summer 2015, like Toucan so it’s hard to find here.

3. Fancy [neutral mid tone coral – satin finish] (5/5):


I’m so fancyyyyy~ Yes it feels so fancy to see myself with this color. This color is kinda similar with Topanga but hey, it’s different! Topanga is dusty color one XD I’m so into coral tone lipsticks! I use it a lot in any occasion, so let’s say this is one of the shade I use the most.

4. Lumiere [dusty mauve pink – matte finish] (5/5):


This is the most popular shade from Colourpop since it’s released! It is created by Kathleen Lights and I have to be so thankful because it matches me perfectly. I tried some mauve colors on my lips and it turns dull in me but this one, nope! I love this. I’m not surprised that it’s easily sold out. But in some photos, this color turns into more purplish in me x’D Anyway, this is one the shade I use the most. Like hell yeah, it’s pretty in me!

5. Corset [lavender, lilac color – hyper gloss finish] (3/5):


I think this is one of the shade I use the least. The color is nice but it turns weird in me. At least, I don’t feel I’m comfortable enough with this color. The finish itself is so glossy so.. ya.. it doesn’t fit me well. Anyway, I don’t find it on the site anymore. I don’t know whether it is discontinued or it’s sold out.

6. LBB [plum wine – matte finish] (5/5):


Another popular shade from Colourpop and it is created by another amazing blogger, LittleBlackBoots. I don’t have any plum colors but let me say this color is really cool in me! The rate itself on the site is 5/5. Amazing. I’d like to use this one when I want to have dramatic look. The color is so intense and this one is less transferable because even if it’s transferred, this color is still so intense.

7. Cookie[nude beige – matte finish](5/5):


I had never been so happy before with nude lipsticks. Like.. every nude colors doesn’t fit me well. If you notice my photos, I rarely use nude colors on my lips because it looks so weird. ERH. But this one pops my look and it is so pretty. I’m thankful that this one is no longer LE product. I can re-purchase it anytime!

8. Tootsie [grey beige/greige – matte finish] (4/5):


It has great finish and it’s pigmented enough. No wonder everybody loves this greige. It’s great to get a grunge look but it seems failed in me. I’m to tanned it falls into too grayish on my lips. It doesn’t turn into pretty color in me but let’s say this one is not disappointing on the finish and intensity.

And this is the swatch: 

Swatch

Swatch on lips

And another Colourpop products I got are blushers. They named it by "super shock cheek". I expect these ones are as pigmented blusher and they are! I got 4 colors, Cheerio, Clutch, Aphrodisiac and Rain. 



♥♥♥ Packaging (5/5):
It's packaged in a white round and a lil bit bulky plastic jar. You can see the product by the clear plastic on the center.Simple packaging!

♥♥♥ Texture (4/5):
All of the products is like sponge. You can press it and it bounce XD It is creamy but when it dries it turns into powder. It would turn into blendable blusher. But it's hard to apply with brushes beside stippling brush. Yes, the only brush to carry this blusher is stippling one for me. Duo fiber brush/flat brush doesn't really get the product to apply. I like to apply this with fingers and then blend it with ANY brush (or if you can blend it with finger, never mind!) It's lightweight and buildable, too. Pigmented enough, too,

Most products I get is in matte finish. The only satin finish blusher is cheerio. Cheerio has gold shimmer but it's subtle so you don't have to worry of the shimmers. 

♥♥♥ Longevity (5/5):
Ugh it turns great for 7-8 hours. I've never reapplied my blusher when I do touch up. Great though since it's pigmented, long wearing and it doesn't break the bank ;)

♥♥♥ Color:
- Aphrodisiac [beige brown - matte finish] (4/5):


It is stated as a great blusher for contouring purpose. Let's say it is! If you need brown color and it doesn't turn into red/orange, you have to pick this one. However, it's not grayish enough for me. It's slightly pink so it would be great to contour your face if you're pretty fair/pale. I'm tanned and more into yellow tone (but I do have neutral undertone!) and it turns slightly pink so I apply this as a blush or apply it lightly to get light contour result. 


- Cheerio [deep cranberry color - satin finish] (5/5):


This is my favorite color in a blush! This is so unique. The color seems too intense, too dark and "quirky" but it turns great on my skin. The shimmer gives a subtle glowing effect. The deep color pops great and the satin finish make it looks softer. But, I need to be so careful because it's tricky to use. 

- Rain [mid tone lavender - matte finish] (2/5):


If you're not into something "not" wearable, you might avoid this. This blush turns so pigmented but this color is too cool for me. It gives dusty look on my face. Well, I don't know but I think it is because of the color. I think this blusher is better for pale skin.

- Clutch [vivid rosy red - matte finish]


If you like rosy cheek, take this color! The color is so rosy and makes skin look cheerful. I apply thicker layer in this photo to show how pigmented it is. It's in two swipe. My camera can't capture the color in a single swipe. The color is soooo vivid. So, if you wanna get subtle result, it's so tricky. Apply Clutch in thin layer then do a single swipe. Blend it longer and it turns sooo rosy >__<

Let's jump into pro and cons of the products:
- Colourpop Lippie Stix -
I fall for this products A LOT. All of them are so puurrrfecct in me, long lasting, great finish. For me, it is worth more than $5. The only thing I don't really into is hypergloss one. And I'm having another PO batch of lippie stix. Oh gosh....

- Colourpop Super Shock Cheek -
The color pops so bright and great. They're all pigmented, long lasting and easy to blend. It's creamy but turns into powder when we apply it on. And tricky. If you wanna achieve subtle finish, you should be careful because it's so pigmented!

Here I don't like to rate because this product is beyond amazing!

I think I'll try another Colourpop products like cream gel or ultra matte lips. I'm not into shadows because I don't play much eye shadow >_<

I got them all by various shops so you can find how to grab yours. This brand is so popular so you won't feel so hard to find a PO batch of ready items!

Thanks for reading, Lovely! ♥


0 comments:

Post Comment

Post a Comment